EDF are providing bonus schemes to customers if they provide easier access to their data (fuel consumption), and then additional bonuses if they reduce consumption. Its a good stop-gap until smart-meters kick in and, of course, something that AMEE already supports.
Here’s how it works
* EDF email you 10 days before your quarterly bill is produced
* You read your meter and submit your gas and electricity meter reading(s) on-line within 7 days
* For each valid quarterly meter reading submitted on-line, EDF will give you 250 Nectar points per fuel
* If you reduce your energy usage from one year to the next, EDF will give you a further 1,000 bonus Nectar points for each fuel – That’s a possible 4,000 Nectar points in a single year
* You can check your energy usage every quarter using our on-line ‘Energy Tracker’
We’re going to see a lot more of this.